The Ginza Lion Building, built in 1934, has been officially recognized as a registered Tangible Cultural Property.
On April 8, 1934, a beer hall was opened on the first floor of the building. The interiors were lavish and incredible for the time, and were admired by citizenry and architects alike. During the war, many beer halls were destroyed by air raids or torn down for evacuation, but this location in Ginza survived and was seized in September 1945. It was then made into a beer hall exclusively for the Occupation Forces. In 1952, the site was made available to the